EENG 4910/4990 Senior Design I & II
The capstone senior design course is a comprehensive electrical engineering design course designed to satisfy ABET engineering design criteria. Each and every senior project will be reviewed by ABET evaluators. Students may choose a design topic in VLSI, communications, Signal Processing or any other relevant electrical engineering area. Substantial design work is required for passing this course. The course is administered as a two-semester sequence of courses EENG 4910, and EENG 4990. During the first part (EENG 4910), students are expected to develop a comprehensive project proposal and conduct research that results in a conceptual design. In the second part (EENG 4990), detailed design, implementation, and documentation are conducted. The project deliverables include a final report, oral presentation, and demonstration of the project. All work submitted must be approved by the faculty advisor.
Substantial design work is required for passing this course.
After completing the course students will be able to:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Industry professionals commit a few hours per month serving as a Senior Design client. Sponsors submit a real-world issue existing in the engineering industry today and provide feedback and review as students develop solutions to that issue.